Everyone needs a wood-burning stove in their home for emergency heating and here's why:
- Wood-burning stoves work without the use of electricity or fans (unlike gas furnaces or pellet stoves).
- Wood stoves and inserts produce TWICE the amount of heat (BTU's) than gas stoves or inserts!
- Fuel is readily available either by using your own trees on site or purchasing through a firewood dealer.
- No electricity is needed for a wood stove or insert to work! In case of emergency when the power is out you'll be able to stay in your home instead of going to stay with friends or family or going to a hotel.
- With a freestanding stove you can cook on the top if needed.
Use a wood-burning stove during fall and winter as a supplemental heating source to save money and provide a more comfortable, even heat. Radiant heat from a wood stove or masonry heater has more health benefits than a gas furnace or electric baseboard heaters.
Good quality wood stoves aren't inexpensive - but they are worth the investment. A good stove will last many years. Note: beware of box store wood stoves that have no warranty and may burn out after a few seasons.
New wood-burning stoves and inserts are 75%+ efficient which means that most of the heat is staying in your house rather than going up the flue as with a standard open fireplace.
Call us to discuss upgrading your inefficient open fireplace to a high-efficiency wood-burning insert or if no fireplace is available we can install a freestanding wood stove for you along with a Class A chimney or chimney liner.
Note: Regency is offering a great deal on their products with $100 - $600 off wood stoves until February 20, 2017. An on-site inspection is required first so call now for an appointment.